Prague Shakespeare Festival
ROMEO & JULIET
25 - 27 May 2010, during Prague Shakespeare Festival was the Romeo and Juliet Play at Vyšehard Open Air Theater. I got a chance to help out with costumes and fitting during the performance. The costumes were made by my fashion teacher and her daughter (who also acted in the play as a Capulet). My fashion teacher's husband was Juliet's father.
This was the first time I have ever helped out with costumes for a theater production. It was also the first time I ever watched Romeo and Juliet. Never even read the story only knew the basic idea and have always known those lines: 'Romeo o Romeo where for art thou Romeo?' and 'Juliet is the East..' The play was lovely.
CARMEN OPERA, THE NUTCRACKER & FAUST BALLET
Watched Carmen and The Nutcracker at the Prague National Theater (Národní Divadlo in Czech) http://www.narodni-divadlo.cz/Default.aspx?jz=en.
Carmen Opera is officially my favorite Opera of all time. I can't say I am a fan of Opera, Carmen happens to be the second Opera I have ever watched (watched it on the 19th April 2010). I like the story of Carmen and I kind of wish I was little like her. The theater has English and Czech Translation for the singing.
I don't know the title of the first Opera I watched, just that I watched it sometime last year at the Russian Center in Prague. It had some music from Tchaikovsky and the story was about girl loves boy, boy rejects girl, girl meets another boy, ex-boy comes back to girl and girl says its too late now.
I have loved the Nutcracker ever since I watched Disney's Fantasia as a little kid. I just had to watch it in theater, watched it on the 27 Dec 2008. The Waltz of the Flowers is my all time favorite piece by Tchaikovsky, but during the ballet I fell in love with, The Prince and The Sugar Plum Fairy pas de deux.
I never knew about Faust Ballet until my friends asked me to go with them. From what I was told, I didn't even watch the original. The version we watched was based during the time of the Hitler Regime, there was a man who sold his soul to the devil to gain wealth and fame but the price he had to pay was to sacrifice love.
25 - 27 May 2010, during Prague Shakespeare Festival was the Romeo and Juliet Play at Vyšehard Open Air Theater. I got a chance to help out with costumes and fitting during the performance. The costumes were made by my fashion teacher and her daughter (who also acted in the play as a Capulet). My fashion teacher's husband was Juliet's father.
This was the first time I have ever helped out with costumes for a theater production. It was also the first time I ever watched Romeo and Juliet. Never even read the story only knew the basic idea and have always known those lines: 'Romeo o Romeo where for art thou Romeo?' and 'Juliet is the East..' The play was lovely.
CARMEN OPERA, THE NUTCRACKER & FAUST BALLET
Watched Carmen and The Nutcracker at the Prague National Theater (Národní Divadlo in Czech) http://www.narodni-divadlo.cz/Default.aspx?jz=en.
Carmen Opera is officially my favorite Opera of all time. I can't say I am a fan of Opera, Carmen happens to be the second Opera I have ever watched (watched it on the 19th April 2010). I like the story of Carmen and I kind of wish I was little like her. The theater has English and Czech Translation for the singing.
I don't know the title of the first Opera I watched, just that I watched it sometime last year at the Russian Center in Prague. It had some music from Tchaikovsky and the story was about girl loves boy, boy rejects girl, girl meets another boy, ex-boy comes back to girl and girl says its too late now.
I have loved the Nutcracker ever since I watched Disney's Fantasia as a little kid. I just had to watch it in theater, watched it on the 27 Dec 2008. The Waltz of the Flowers is my all time favorite piece by Tchaikovsky, but during the ballet I fell in love with, The Prince and The Sugar Plum Fairy pas de deux.
I never knew about Faust Ballet until my friends asked me to go with them. From what I was told, I didn't even watch the original. The version we watched was based during the time of the Hitler Regime, there was a man who sold his soul to the devil to gain wealth and fame but the price he had to pay was to sacrifice love.
All in All, theater is incredible, its magical.






Comments
Post a Comment