Mariánské Lázně - Where it all Began

On August 10, 2010 I spent a day in Mariánské Lázně the first place I lived in when I moved to Europe. It will forever be beautiful. My Czech language teacher once said, "the city is a park or the park is the city". It's a spa town. http://www.marianskelazne.cz/en/



Going back there was something I had planned to do for a while the only sad thing about my one day trip was the nostalgia. The more I walked, the more I replayed memories in my head. For a while I smiled but in the end my soul cried for a place I once called home.


I lived there for about 10 months as a student of Charles University Czech Language and Preparatory Studies Institute. I met so many different people from all around the world. By the time we were leaving, we were like family. 


The strangest thing I noticed about Mariánské Lázně were all the old people. I have never seen so many old people in one place. However, if you go down the road to the other side there are at lot more younger people there like a normal place. We seemed to only meet the younger population at the night club Dylan.



Mariánské Lázně will always hold a special place in my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts